Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Where are they? (MIA)

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Where are they? (MIA)

    I notice lately a few well known members have been absent from the boards.....most notably gamalot (Gary) and dgwojo (Dave).

    I tried pm-ing gamalot a month ago with no response....I just hope he is ok.

    Not trying to be nosy.....just wondering. Anyone heard from these guys lately?

    Russ

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Where are they? (MIA)

    Quote Originally Posted by Russnohio View Post
    ...Anyone heard from these guys lately?
    Not that I know of, but the Hostboard morph left several with different usernames, so they may be around under unknown names.

    I suspect a few have never found the new site address (or gave up trying). Bookmarks to the old site sure won't get you here.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Where are they? (MIA)

    Quote Originally Posted by Russnohio View Post
    I notice lately a few well known members have been absent from the boards.....most notably gamalot (Gary) and dgwojo (Dave).
    Russ
    I don't think dgwojo has been active on this board for quite awhile...... previous to the new software/server/ etc. I'm pretty sure I've sen him post over at Audiokarma, Though.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Where are they? (MIA)

    Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
    I suspect a few have never found the new site address (or gave up trying). Bookmarks to the old site sure won't get you here.
    Sure direct links don't' work anymore, but it's still hostboard.com ......I can't imagine people not being able to find just because of that.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Where are they? (MIA)

    I forwarded a link to this thread to both these fine fellas.

    I'd wager that when time permits, they'll both post.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Where are they? (MIA)

    I changed the link on the website as soon as I found out the old one didn't work anymore - they should be able to find us.
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  7. #7
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Where are they? (MIA)

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    ...I can't imagine people not being able to find just because of that.
    So one would think, but once upon a time in a parallel universe;

    Quote Originally Posted by gamalot View Post
    I keep getting "Internet explorer can't open this site"--- ABORT!

    Gary
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member dgwojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Where are they? (MIA)

    I'm still around, just been very busy selling light bulbs for vintage audio gear, helping my daughter relocate, and getting tube amps to bi-amp my 604-8H's. I'm glad to see the forum back up, to be honest, I gave up in early January when it was not working correctly. I didn't leave any nasty grams about how it wasn't working at the time, computers are my daytime job and getting a forum up and running is no small chore!! My hats off to Todd and company for keeping this one going, great job, Dave.

    I'm using Ideal Innovations Elite-80 tube amps, BBE DS26 crossover, K100 pre-amp kit, and a Pioneer Elite SACD player, it sounds great!! I have the BBE set to 24db XO at 1.48khz, with a half millisecond time delay on the woofers.

    7

    8
    Altec A7's (Lansing 515-8LF,802-8G,511B) & (GPA 515-8LF, Eminence PXB2:800, BMS 4552ND, 511B), homebrew Model 18's (604-8H) with Elite 80+ Tube Amps and BBE DS26 bi-amp crossover.

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Where are they? (MIA)

    Sweet lookin' gear Dave!
    I have to wonder if the magnets on those 604s don't play havoc with that CRT.


    Russ

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Where are they? (MIA)

    That is what is great about alinco magnets, they do not mess with your tv....


    -chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.